Made with a cake meal, it’s perfect for serving as a sweet end to your Passover meal or as a treat to enjoy throughout the holiday. The cake is Pareve (non-dairy) and only requires two bowls. Yes, it is that easy!
*The full recipe is in the recipe card below!
Cake meal– the key ingredient: Cake meal is finely ground matzo that has been processed into a flour-like consistency. This means that a cake meal has a finer texture than a matzo meal, making it suitable for use in cakes, cookies, and other delicate desserts.
Baking powder: Helps the cake rise and become lighter. There is a Kosher for Passover baking powder.
Chocolate chips: Chocolate chips come in a variety of flavors. Use non-dairy if you want a Pareve cake.
The Cake has a unique and different texture from other cakes due to the denser and heavier texture of the matzo meal.
Allow the cake to cool completely. Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap or place the cake in an airtight container. Store the cake at room temperature for up to five days.
You can freeze the cake either whole or in slices. Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil, or place it in a freezer-safe container. If you freeze the cake in slices, separate the slices with parchment paper and store them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag. The cake can be frozen for up to three months. When you are ready to serve the cake, you can thaw it at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a few hours.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Passover Cake with Cake Meal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F /180°C.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease it with oil.
- Whisk together the cake meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few small crumbs.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing.