It’s been more than a year of on-again, off-again lockdown restrictions, and quarantine fatigue. After spending spring break in Nevada, I am hungry for more traveling. As I was going through old pictures, I came across a photo that I took three years ago in New York- a cauliflower inside a Pita bread. This is a signature dish of “Miznon”, a restaurant of the well-known chef Eyal Shani. My foodie friend Patricia and I walked miles and miles to Chelsy Market just to eat roasted cauliflower. And let me tell you that…it was worth it!? The good news is that it is easy to make at home! Enjoy.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Whole Roasted CauliflowerPrint Pin Rate
- 1 head cauliflower with leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt + more to taste
- 3 tablespoons 45 ml olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F-500°F, 230°C -260°C.
- Slightly cut the base of the cauliflower but make sure to keep the leaves.
- Bring 2 gallons of water and one tablespoon of salt to a boil in a large pot over high (ensure the pot is large enough to fit the whole cauliflower).
- Boil the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Take the cauliflower out of the water and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Rub 1-2 tablespoons olive oil between hands, then rub over cauliflower to apply a thin, even layer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven until dark brown, about 20- 25 minute
- Remove from oven, and carefully rub with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season more if needed, serve hot (with or without Pita).