Why You’ll Love Spinach Pomegranate Salad?
- Quick and easy
- Textural variety
- Visual appeal
- Nutritional benefits
*The full recipe is in the recipe card below!
Baby spinach: The fresher, the better.
Oranges: Look for oranges that are firm, heavy for their size, and have vibrant colors. Avoid oranges with soft spots, wrinkles, or signs of mold.
To prepare oranges for a salad, wash the fruit thoroughly, remove the outer peel and core, and then segment the fruit by cutting between the membranes to create juicy, bite-sized pieces. Alternatively, you can also slice the oranges into rounds.
Pomegranate seeds: Add a burst of vibrant color, juicy sweetness, and a delightful crunch. I buy the fresh, ready-to-eat pomegranate seeds that come in cups.
Walnuts: For a crunchy texture.
Oil: The base for the salad dressing. I recommend using high-quality olive oil.
Lemon juice: Its acidic nature helps balance the richness of other ingredients and adds a refreshing zing to the overall taste of the salad.
Honey: To sweeten the salad dressing.
Adding the walnuts: Adding the nuts to the salad just before serving is best. This ensures that the nuts maintain their crunchiness and don’t become soggy from any moisture in the salad.
Drizzle the dressing: Just before serving, drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the salad. Start with a smaller amount and add more if needed, as you can always add more dressing but cannot remove excess once it’s added.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Spinach Pomegranate saladPrint Pin Recipe
For the salad:
- 1 orange cored and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup walnuts
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey (or sugar)
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced oranges, pomegranate seeds, and mixed greens.
- In a separate small bowl or a jar, whisk together 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and soy sauce until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients before serving and toss gently to coat everything evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts, and serve immediately.