Summer corn salad is bursting with the natural sweetness of the corn and is accompanied by smooth and velvety dressing. This salad is an irresistible addition to your summer menu.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Sweet and Juicy: Freshly boiled or grilled corn has a natural sweetness that bursts with flavor. The juicy kernels add a delightful crunch to the salad, creating a satisfying texture.
- Easy to Prepare: Corn salad is relatively simple to make, making it a convenient option for quick and hassle-free meals. With just a few ingredients and minimal cooking time, you can whip up a satisfying and flavorful salad in no time.
- Crowd-Pleaser: Corn salad is a crowd-pleaser that appeals to a wide range of tastes and preferences. It’s a dish that can be enjoyed by both vegetarians and meat-eaters, making it a versatile option for gatherings and potlucks.
Ingredients Overview and Add-Ons
Corn: Any corn would work in this recipe; frozen and thawed, roasted on the grill, or from a can. You can use sweet yellow, white corn, or both for visual appeal.
Red Bell Pepper: Washed and diced into small uniform cubes.
Pickles: Pickles come in various types, such as dill pickles, sweet pickles, or bread and butter pickles. Select the type of pickles that best complement your taste preferences and the overall flavor profile of the salad.
Mayonnaise: Adds a creamy and rich element to the corn salad, providing a smooth and luscious coating to the ingredients.
- Avocado: Diced or sliced ripe avocado can provide a buttery and creamy texture to the salad. It pairs well with the sweetness of corn and adds a touch of richness.
- Beans: Black beans, kidney beans, or chickpeas can be a great addition to your corn salad, adding protein and fiber. Rinse and drain canned beans before adding them to the salad.
- Fresh Herbs: Chopped fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, or dill can add a burst of freshness and aromatic flavors to your corn salad. Toss them in just before serving.
- Spicy Elements: If you enjoy a bit of heat, consider adding diced jalapenos, crushed red pepper flakes, or a dash of hot sauce to give your corn salad a spicy kick.
- Pickled Vegetables: Pickled onions and pickled jalapenos can add a tangy and briny element to your corn salad. They provide a burst of acidity and can balance the sweetness of the corn.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Summer Corn SaladPrint Pin Recipe
For the salad:
- 3 cups corn kernels frozen or from a can
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2-3 pickles thinly diced
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) mayonnaise regular or vegan
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon high quality mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine corn, red pepper, and pickles. If you use frozen corn, run it under hot water until defrosted.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Taste, and adjust the flavor to your taste.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator.