Melt in your mouth shortbread bars with a delicious crumble on top! You won’t finish saying “Abracadabra” before they are gone, like magic! I love to experiment with different recipes by combining classic and new flavors. I used the dark chocolate tahini from Soomfoods, but I do give other filling options in the recipe.
Craving more?…join my FREE monthly newsletter
Love tahini? Me too!
Here are some great recipes for you to try:
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Shortbread Tahini Bars
For the dough:
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons (300 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a dash of salt
- 1 stick and 6 tablespoons (200 grams) cold butter cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
For the filling option 1:
- ¾ cup (180 grams) dark chocolate tahini spread OR
For the filling option 2 mix:
For the filling option 3:
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) your favorite jam or chocolate spread
- Make the dough:
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Line the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put the flour, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a food processor. Process in short pulses until it becomes a crumbly mixture.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Scoop out 3/4 cup of the crumbs. Set aside.
- Add water to the food processor and process until a uniform dough is obtained.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan to form the bottom crust.
- Place the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Spread the filling over the crust.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until golden. Cool completely before slicing into small bars.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to seven days.