Tahini Swirl Brownies are a favorite in our house. They are fudgy, dense, rich, and studded with a tahini swirl (my Mediterranean touch).
Tahini Swirl Brownies are easy to make! No need for fancy equipment or complicated techniques. These brownies are so much better than the box; they taste amazing. Chocolate brownies are delicious on their own, but the swirl of creamy tahini turns them into something out of this world.
*The full recipe is in the recipe card below!
Chocolate: Semisweet or bittersweet, also called dark chocolate.
All-purpose flour: Regular all-purpose flour is perfect to make these brownies.
Granulated sugar: Simple fine white granulated sugar keeps these brownies moist.
Eggs: At room temperature, provide the majority of the structure in these brownies.
Salt: To balance flavors.
Fat: Neutral oil like Canola or vegetable.
Tahini: Runny tahini is key. This recipe works best with runny tahini that will easily mix with the other ingredients. Tahini brands vary widely in consistency, so look for one with a smooth, pourable texture. I like (affiliate links) Soom, Baron, and Seed+Mill.
Let the brownies cool completely in the baking tray. Slice them into squares or rectangles and place them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Brownies freeze beautifully and will keep in perfect condition in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Love Tahini? Try my-
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Tahini Swirl Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Line the pan with parchment paper and grease it with oil.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Transfer the chocolate to a large bowl, add oil, and mix well.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and salt. It is important to work quickly so that the eggs do not harden from the heat of the chocolate.
- Add flour and mix until everything is combined.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan and flatten the mixture with a spatula. The mixture will be very thick and that is OK.
The tahini swirl:
- In a small bowl, stir together honey and tahini.
- Spoon dollops of the sweet tahini over the surface of the pan and use a knife or a skewer to swirl it into the brownies.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Brownies should be puffed and beginning to crack at the edges but still soft to the touch (a toothpick stuck in the center comes out with moist chocolate crumbs).
- Let your brownies cool completely in the baking tray.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!