If you’re a fan of a quick and simple recipe that is still out of this world delicious, then you’re going to love my Tahini Date Turtles Recipe. These easy 5-ingredient turtles will become your new favorite treat. They only take 10 minutes to make and are so delicious. Great for the freezer; just pull one out when you need a sweet fix.
These Tahini Date Turtles are the best of both worlds; deliciously decadent with only good-for-you ingredients. The dates are stuffed with pecans and then coated in melted chocolate and tahini, creating a delicious and indulgent treat that is perfect for any occasion. Better than any turtle candies I have ever purchased.
Dates: Medjool dates because they are larger, juicer, and more caramel-like in taste than other common types.
Raw Pecans: You will want whole, raw pecans for this recipe.
Dark chocolate: You can use any chocolate you like; use dark dairy-free chocolate chip for a vegan version.
Tahini: Made with 100% sesame seeds ground into a paste. Tahini here adds a satisfying richness and a gentle, nutty, savory taste that pairs so well with chocolate.
- You could also make this Tahini Date Turtles Recipe with almonds instead of pecans if preferred.
- You can toast the pecans in a skillet for a minute or two to get a more toasted taste.
- Sprinkle the turtles with a pinch of coarse salt to boost up the flavors.
- For some extra fun, experiment with other chocolate like milk chocolate, white chocolate, or any combination of these.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Tahini – Date Turtles
- Carefully open the Medjool dates lengthways and remove the pit and stem (do not break them in half).
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time. Once the chocolate looks almost melted, stir the chocolate until it is completely smooth.
- Lightly press three pecans into each date to create a triangle shape.
- Fill the center of each date with one teaspoon of tahini.
- With a spoon, drizzle enough chocolate to fill the date and hide where the pecan intersects with the dates.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or flax seeds.
- Freeze for a few hours and enjoy. Store in the freezer.