If you’re a fan of a quick and simple recipe that is still out of this world delicious, then you’re going to love this one. These delightful “turtles” take maybe 10 minutes to make and are so delicious. Great for the freezer; just pull one out when you need a sweet fix.
Dates: Medjool dates because they are larger, juicer, and more caramel-like in taste than other common types.
Raw Pecans: You will want whole, raw pecans for this recipe.
Dark chocolate: You can use any chocolate you like; use dark dairy-free chocolate chip for a vegan version.
Tahini: Made with 100% sesame seeds ground into a paste. Tahini here adds a satisfying richness and a gentle, nutty, savory taste that pairs so well with chocolate.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Tahini – Date TurtlesPrint Pin Rate
- Carefully open the Medjool dates lengthways and remove the pit and stem. (do not break them in half).
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time. Once the chocolate looks almost melted, stir the chocolate until it is completely smooth.
- Lightly press three pecans into each date to create a triangle shape.
- Fill the center of each date with one teaspoon of tahini.
- With a spoon, drizzle enough chocolate to fill the date and hide where the pecan intersects with the dates.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or flax seeds.
- Freeze for a few hours and enjoy. Store in the freezer.