This simple recipe for the classic Hanukkah treat features only 2 ingredients. The coins will set within an hour, ensuring that your holiday treat will be ready for tasting and gift-giving in no time!
Chocolate: Use your favorite kind of chocolate bars or candy melts. Semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate. The only rule is that you need to pick chocolate that you love to eat on its own.
Coconut oil or vegetable oil: While microwaving, adding a tablespoon of coconut oil or vegetable oil helps the chocolate melt more smoothly and makes it the perfect consistency for dipping.
Add-ons (optional): Sprinkles are a classic but feel free to be creative with crushed candy, nuts, and even shredded coconut.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Homemade Gelt (Hanukkah Chocolate Coins)
- Hanukkah gelt mold look at stores like JOAAN, Target, Michaels, and sometimes Amazon OR use:
- 3.5oz (100g) chocolate bar/s of your choice broken into pieces
- 1 Teaspoon coconut oil or canola oil
- Optional a handful of sprinkles or crushed nuts, crushed candy
- Place chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl or a glass liquid measuring cup. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each mold/cup and bang the pan on the counter. Sprinkle chocolate with toppings (optional).
- Cool at room temperature or in the fridge.