These Star of David pretzels are easy to make and make great Hanukkah gifts or a Shabbat treat. A delicious combination of sweet and salty makes these a fantastic snack.
Only three simple steps and your holiday treats are ready. Melt chocolate, dip pretzels, and sprinkle.
Chocolate: Use your favorite kind of chocolate bars or candy melts. Semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate. The only rule is that you need to pick chocolate that you love to eat on its own.
Coconut oil or vegetable oil: While microwaving, adding a tablespoon of coconut oil or vegetable oil helps the chocolate melt more smoothly and makes it the perfect consistency for dipping.
Pretzel sticks: You are going to need six sticks for each star.
Toppings: Sprinkles are a classic but feel free to be creative with crushed candy, nuts, sugar crystals, and even shredded coconut.
How to Store Star of David Pretzels
Place them in an airtight container and store them for up to 2 weeks. They also freeze well for up to 2 months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Star of David Pretzels
- 60 pretzel sticks
- About 7.56oz (214g) chocolate bar/s of your choice broken into pieces I used a giant (25 pieces) Hershey Bar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup Hanukkah sprinkles or any sprinkles of your choice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Place chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl or a glass liquid measuring cup. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip each pretzel in the chocolate until fully coated, and tap off the excess chocolate. Repeat with five more pretzel sticks.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet in a Star of David shape (a triangle and then an upside-down triangle on top).
- Add additional chocolate to the spots where the pretzels overlap to act as extra "glue" to help them stay together well.
- Decorate with sprinkles. Sprinkles will stick to pretzels while it’s wet. You want to work faster here.
- Repeat until the chocolate is gone. Cool at room temperature or in the fridge.