These guys are so good it’s dangerous! They are sweet, chewy, and perfect with a cup of coffee. Did I mention they are vegan and gluten-free?! Make a batch of these No-Bake Date Bars to have on hand for a naturally sweet snack whenever you need one.
Nuts: Raw almonds.
Dates: Medjool dates because they are larger, juicer, and taste like caramel.
Cocoa powder: Unsweetened.
Optional for topping: Your favorite chocolate; dark, milk, or white.
How to Store No-Bake Date Bars
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last up to one week… but I bet they’ll be gone before then:-)
You can also store these treats in the freezer for 1-2 months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
No-Bake Date Bars
- 10 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup (140 grams) raw almonds
- 6 tablespoons (60 grams) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
- a pinch of salt
Optional for topping:
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) chocolate dark/milk chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil (coconut, vegetable, Canola)
- Line a small loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until combined and sticky. Scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan. Use your hands or a spoon to press the mixture into the bottom of the dish firmly.
- Cover and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove from the pan and cut into squares or bars.
- Melt chocolate and oil in the microwave at 30-second intervals until smooth and melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars. Let the chocolate set and enjoy.
- Keep refrigerated.