Try these healthy homemade Healthy Snickers Bars when you need a sweet craving after dinner or want something sweet in the afternoon. I swear it tastes like snicker bars, just better for you. The sweet and salty combination is a match made in heaven, and you only need a handful of pantry ingredients to get started! An incredibly easy and healthier version of snicker bars that tastes at least as delicious!
Dates: Medjool dates because they are larger, juicer, and more caramel-like in taste than other common types.
Dark chocolate: You can use any chocolate you like; use dark dairy-free chocolate chip for a vegan and Pareve version.
Peanut Butter: Countless options of peanut butter are available in grocery stores today, but not all of them are created equal. A good rule of thumb for choosing healthy, high-quality peanut butter is to look for one with the fewest ingredients. Ideally, the only ingredients should be peanuts or peanuts and salt.
How to Store Healthy Snickers Bars
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last up to one week… but I bet they’ll be gone before then:-)
You can also store these treats in the freezer for 1-2 months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Chocolate-Covered Dates with Middle Eastern Flavors
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Healthy Snickers Bars
- 15 units about 150 grams Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) peanut butter
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) dark chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- A handful of peanuts chopped
- Cut a slit in each date and remove the pit.
- Fill each date with peanut butter (about 1 teaspoon). Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 20 seconds intervals, stirring between each until smooth and melted.
- Using a toothpick, dip each date into melted chocolate and coat the date until completely covered. Place the chocolate-covered dates on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts on top of each date.
- Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to firm 1 to 2 hours.
What a great idea
What a great idea
Turned out GREAT!
Can I use pecan?