Hey, friends. It is now the moment for me to reveal the simplest recipe of all to you.
I am obsessed with it, and my kids too…it’s absolutely, incredibly delicious. If you’re anything like me, resisting the urge to have just one tablespoon might be challenging.
*The full recipe is in the recipe card below
Tahini: Made with 100% sesame seeds ground into a paste.
Maple syrup: Maple syrup is a pure, natural sweetener made solely from the sap of sugar maple trees. Always opt for pure maple syrup without added artificial flavors or corn syrup for the best quality and taste.
Unsweetened cocoa powder: Cocoa powder is responsible for the chocolate flavor in the spread. Use unsweetened cocoa powder for a rich cocoa taste.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract contributes depth and complexity to the flavor of the chocolate tahini spread.
Salt (optional): A pinch of salt can be added to balance the sweetness and enhance the other flavors in the spread.
Get creative with flavorings (optional): Add a cinnamon pinch, an espresso powder, or 1-2 pitted dates. For an even creamier texture, use coconut oil instead of water to thin out the chocolate tahini mixture.
Begin by making sure your tahini is well-stirred. Stirring the tahini thoroughly ensures you have a consistent texture and flavor.
Allow your tahini to come to room temperature before mixing. This makes it easier to achieve a smooth consistency.
Control the spread’s thickness by adjusting the amount of water you add.
Keep your chocolate tahini spread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It will firm up when chilled, so let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using it to make it more spreadable.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Homemade Chocolate Tahini Spread
- Combine the tahini, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir all the ingredients together.
- Gradually incorporate water into the mixture while stirring until it reaches a smooth and creamy texture.
- Transfer the chocolate tahini spread to a clean jar or airtight container.
- Store the spread in the refrigerator to allow it to firm up slightly and develop its flavors. It will thicken as it cools.
- When you're ready to enjoy, take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. Then, use it as a dip, spread, or filling as desired.