This delicious breakfast, brunch, or luncheon can go straight from the oven to the table. Customizable with your favorite veggies and cheese, nothing beats ripping off chunks of crispy tortillas and plunging them into the cheese and egg.
Craving more?…join my FREE monthly newsletter
Are you a breakfast person? Try my:
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Breakfast Tortilla With Sunny-Side Up EggsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 large tortillas (any kind)
- 2-4 eggs
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3.5oz (100 grams) mozzarella cheese, grated
- *Optional* 1-2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Line a pan with the tortillas and sprinkle with the sauteed onion.
- Gently break eggs into a cup, keeping yolks intact, then pour over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake to the desired doneness (time can change depending on your oven) *check my tip and tricks below.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and enjoy immediately.
Tips and Tricks:
- Bake to the desired doneness (time can change depending on your oven)- Soft (runny or very soft yolk) – 4 to 6 minutesCompletely cooked (solid cooked yolk) – 8 to 12 minutes