These Tahini Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are a variation of our popular and beloved Game-Changing Tahini Chocolate Cookies. Start preheating your ovens!
*The full recipe is in the recipe card below!
Before you start baking using this cookie recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.
Tahini: Runny tahini is key. Runny tahini is key. This recipe works best with runny tahini that mix easily with other ingredients. Tahini brands vary widely in consistency, so look for one with a smooth, pourable texture. I like (affiliate links) Soom, Baron, and Seed+Mill.
Butter: Unsalted and softened to room temperature. Allow the butter to sit out on the counter for about 1-2 hours before starting your recipe. The amount of time depends on the weather and how cool you keep your kitchen.
Baking Soda: Baking soda helps the cookies rise.
Salt + Pure Vanilla Extract: Both add flavor.
Butter: Use room temperature butter.
Sugar: A mix of brown sugar and granulated sugar. Brown sugar yields soft chocolate chip cookies, while white sugar helps the cookies spread.
Add-Ins: Pretzel pieces and milk chocolate chips
Like soft-baked, gooey circles of happiness. They have crisp edges, soft-baked centers, and warm melty chocolate throughout.
Allow the cookies to cool completely at room temperature. Line an airtight container with wax paper or parchment paper. You can also use a resealable plastic bag. Place the cookies in a single layer in the container or bag. If you need to stack the cookies, place a layer of wax paper or parchment paper between each layer to prevent sticking. Seal the container or bag tightly.
Store the cookies at room temperature in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight for up to 5 days.
If you want to store the cookies for a longer period, you can freeze them. Place the cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw frozen cookies, leave them at room temperature for a few hours or overnight.
Craving More Tahini?
Tahini Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cooling rack optional
- 1 stick (110g) butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cup (185g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon (6g) baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup pretzel pieces
- 20 whole pretzels optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Combine butter, tahini, and sugars in a stand mixer with a flat beater. Turn on to medium speed and beat until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla, and increase speed, beating until fluffy.
- Turn off the mixer and add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and mix on low speed until combined.
- Fold in the pretzel pieces and chocolate chips using a spatula until evenly spread.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator and let it chill for 1 hour.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, scoop balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make sure to space out the cookies.
- Top each cookie with an additional pretzel (optional) – don't press too hard, or the pretzel will break.
- Bake for 10–14 minutes until lightly golden and the tops are crackly.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan for a few minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.