If you’ve been looking for what is definitively the best flourless bread recipe on the internet, then you’ve come to the right place. To make it, simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and pour into a greased loaf pan. I do not know the source of this recipe; it was all over the internet a few years ago. I make it all the time. It is so delicious and low carb. I make it every year for Passover when I get tired of matzo.
Tahini: Made with 100% sesame seeds ground into a paste. Tahini here adds a satisfying richness and a gentle, nutty, savory taste that pairs so well with the nuts and seeds.
Date syrup (Silan): A super healthy natural sweetener that is made with dates
Baking Soda: Baking soda is what is going to make our cake rise. Make sure to put the bread in the oven immediately after adding the baking soda.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Flourless Tahini BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) date syrup (Silan) or honey (Silan will give the bread a darker color).
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seeds and nuts like sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds, chopped walnuts
- oil for greasing the pan
For the topping:
- sunflowers seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or my favorite- everything but the bagel spice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease it with a some oil.
- In a bowl, mix tahini, honey, eggs, and salt.
- Add ½ cup of seeds and nuts.
- Add baking soda and mix until very well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the extra seeds on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing.
Tips and Tricks:
- This bread is very dense and feels almost like a cake.
- Put the bread in the oven immediately after adding the baking soda.
- Be sure to allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days (most likely it will be gone long before that).