If you’ve been looking for what is definitively the best This Flourless Tahini Bread recipe on the internet, then you’ve come to the right place. I do not know the source of this recipe; it was all over the internet a few years ago.
To make it, simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and pour into a greased loaf pan. This bread is very dense and feels almost like a cake. Let me know if you like it!
*The full recipe is in the recipe card below!
Tahini: Made with 100% sesame seeds ground into a paste. Tahini here adds a satisfying richness and a gentle, nutty, savory taste that pairs so well with the nuts and seeds. Look for tahini that is smooth, and creamy.
Date syrup (Silan): A super healthy natural sweetener that is made with dates. It gives the bread a beautiful brown color. Other options are to use honey or brown sugar.
Baking soda: Baking soda is what is going to make our bread rise. Make sure to put the bread in the oven immediately after adding the baking soda.
Mix the ingredients well: To ensure a smooth and even texture, mix the ingredients thoroughly until you have a smooth and homogeneous batter.
Allow the bread to cool before slicing: After removing the bread from the oven, let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help the bread firm up and prevent it from falling apart when you slice it.
Store the bread properly: To keep your tahini bread fresh, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days (most likely it will be gone long before that).
I used a small loaf pan 5.25″D x 9.25″W x 2.75″H. Grease and line with parchment paper; this will help your bread cook evenly and prevent sticking.
Yes, two tablespoons of light brown sugar.
Sunflower seeds can cause a green color because of their reaction to the baking soda.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Flourless Tahini Bread
- 6 Tablespoons (90ml) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) date syrup or honey (date syrup will give the bread a darker color). Or brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seeds and nuts like sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds, chopped walnuts
- oil for greasing the pan
For the topping:
- sunflowers seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds…
- everything but the bagel seasoning optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease it with a some oil.
- In a bowl, mix tahini, date syrup, eggs, and salt.
- Add ½ cup of seeds and nuts.
- Add baking soda and mix until very well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the extra seeds on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden.
- This bread is very dense and feels almost like a cake.
- Put the bread in the oven immediately after adding the baking soda.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days (most likely it will be gone long before that).