Date Syrup Tahini Granola is super easy to make. You’ll only need one bowl and some basic ingredients. Once you make a batch of homemade granola, you’ll never look back! There are no funny ingredients, and it tastes amazing. This granola recipe is vegan, Pareve, and can be gluten-free too (if using gluten-free oats).
Rolled oats (old-fashioned oats): These oats are perfect for the recipe as they hold their shape really well when baked. Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need gluten-free granola.
Coconut oil: Oil helps make this granola crisp, and the coconut adds an irresistible flavor. If your coconut oil isn’t in liquid form, you’ll want to melt it in the microwave.
Tahini: Runny tahini is key. This recipe works best with runny tahini that will easily mix with the other ingredients. Tahini brands vary widely in consistency, so look for one with a smooth, pourable texture. I like (affiliate links) Soom, Baron, and Seed+Mill.
Date syrup: Date syrup is a delicious natural sweetener, also called Silan. It is a thick, dark-brown, very sweet fruit syrup extracted from dates. It can be found online, at Trader Joe’s, and in Middle Eastern stores. I tried and liked a few brands (Affiliate Links): The Date Lady, Soom, and Trader Joe’s. Learn more about Date Syrup here.
You can substitute it with real maple syrup
Chia seeds (optional): For an extra nutritional boost.
Nuts and seeds: Use whichever nuts you have on hand or like best.
Ways to Use Granola
They are so many ways to enjoy granola. Here are a few easy ways to enjoy your homemade granola:
- Crunchy topping on yogurt
- Add milk and enjoy it like cereal
- Eat by the handful as an on-the-go snack
- Make a trail mix by adding nuts, dried fruits, and chocolate chip
- Smoothie Bowl
- Give as a gift – fill a jar or a gifts bag
- Ice cream topping
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Date Syrup-Tahini Granola
- 2 cups (200 grams) rolled oats regular or gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds optional
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) coconut oil melted
- 6 tablespoons (60 ml) date syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup (150 grams) mixed nuts and seeds like almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, and pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300F°/150C°.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Gently press down on the granola with the back of a spatula or spoon.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola completely cool down before transferring it to an airtight container or a jar. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Can I make this with instant oats?
It won’t work in this recipe
It turned out amazing!
Turned out amazing
Love the date syrup
Great and easy