This will be a family favorite rice that you will find yourself making with everything. It is fluffy and not mushy or soggy. Using staple pantry ingredients, you can enjoy restaurant-quality food at home.
*The full recipe is in the recipe card below!
This is an excellent recipe to customize and make your own, with lots of options for add-ins. Here’s what I use in this baked rice recipe:
Rice: Basmati or Jasmin rice.
Fresh herbs: A mix of fragrant fresh leafy herbs–parsley and cilantro.
Seasoning: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, and turmeric. You can add your favorite seasonings to give the rice a unique flavor.
Water: Boiling water, or substitute with broth if you prefer.
Onions: Sautéed in a generous amount of fat. They have an earthy and sweet flavor
How to Store and Reheat Rice?
Store chilled leftover Oven Baked Rice in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or cool and freeze for up to 2 months.
To reheat rice in the oven or toaster oven, gently break up any lumps and moisten slightly with a small splash of water. Cover tightly and bake at 300°F for about 20 minutes.
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Easy Baked Rice
- 2 small-medium onions chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ½ cups (840 ml) boiling water or broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat 4 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- In the baking pan, mix rice, sautéed onions, chopped herbs, the rest of the oil, and all the seasoning.
- Pour in the boiling water (carefully!!) and give everything a good mix.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with parchment paper, then cover it with foil to seal.
- Use a paring knife or skewer to poke small holes in the foil and parchment paper.
- Bake until the water is absorbed for one hour.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 400°F/200°C.
- Remove the foil and parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes longer until it the nice and crispy.
- Store chilled leftover Oven Baked Rice in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or cool and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To reheat rice in the oven or toaster oven, gently break up any lumps and moisten slightly with a small splash of water. Cover tightly and bake at 300°F for about 20 minutes.