Baked sweet potatoes with maple and lemon are my favorite! High in nutritional value, sweet potatoes make an easy side dish for dinner or lunch. Peel, cube, season, and roast to tender-crisp perfection.
They are sweet and irresistible with the flavors of maple and lemon. If you have ten minutes, you can make this recipe. Serve them as a side dish and watch everyone come back for seconds.
Ready to start? You are going to need
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Baked Sweet Potatoes
Step 1: Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cutting evenly sized pieces ensures they all take the same time to cook. I like to peel my sweet potatoes, but you can leave the skin on. Just be sure to scrub them clean under running water and pat them dry before slicing.
Step 2: Toss the sweet potato cubes in oil, cinnamon (optional), salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Bake at 400°F/200°C for twenty minutes. Take out the tray, use a thin spatula to flip the potatoes, drizzle lemon juice, and maple syrup, and toss again. Bake until the potatoes are tender and browned, 10 to 20 minutes.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftover sweet potatoes, you can keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.Sweet potatoes can be reheated in the microwave until heated through. However, they won’t keep their crispiness.
Another option is to reheat in the oven at 300°F/150°C until heated through (about 10 minutes).
More Recipes You’ll Love
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple and Lemon
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, peeled (optional) and cut into 1-inch (2 cm) cubes
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of cinnamon optional
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) real maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a large bowl toss together sweet potato cubes, oil, salt, cinnamon and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out the tray, use a thin spatula to flip the potatoes, drizzle lemon juice, and maple syrup, and toss again.
- Bake for another 10 to 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft and tender.
Love sweet potatoes
It looks delicious. I’m going to make it prepare it this weekend.
So easy and delish
Can I double the recipe?