You can never go wrong with avocado toast! Creamy avocado spread on toasted fresh bread is one of my favorite quick meals or snacks. It can be customized in many different ways and takes only 5 minutes to make.
What goes well with Avocado on toast?
You can’t go wrong with avocado toast, which is one of the easiest and most things to make. Avocados aren’t just healthy; they’re also versatile. They can be used as a salad topping, spread, dip, or as a garnish on your favorite dish.
Cheese: Pair it with cheese like feta, cheddar, goat cheese, or blue cheese.
Salmon: Smoked salmon.
Eggs: Poached, hard boiled, or even scrabbled.
Veggies: Radish! tomatoes, a pile of greens.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Avocado on Toast
- 1-2 large ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 thick-sliced, whole grain bread or a bagel
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork.
- Add lemon (I like to start with ½ a teaspoon), olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Give everything a good mix and taste. Correct flavors if needed.
- Toast your bread or bagel, then spread and enjoy immediately.
Tips and Tricks:
- Sprinkle chili flakes and honey.
- Add a mashed hard-boiled egg.
- Replace olive oil with full-fat yogurt.
- You can double or even triple this recipe to feed a crowd.
- Serve your avocado toast as is or add a variety of toppings like slices of tomatoes, olives, and chopped red onion.