Oatmeal for breakfast is totally my thing, I literally eat it every day. It is quick, easy, hearty, and keeps me full until lunch. But, from all the versions I have tried, in my opinion, the combination of tahini and honey is the best. It tastes like halvah, a traditional Middle Eastern sweet. It makes my mornings much more enjoyable! I invite you to give my Honey-Tahini Oatmeal Recipe a try.
Quick oats (instant oats): I use quick oats because they cook faster than old-fashioned rolled or steel cuts.
Milk and water: Water works well, but milk makes oatmeal a bit creamier. Just remember that for every portion of oats, you need double the amount of liquid. For 1/2 cup of oats, you’ll need 1 cup of liquid.
Tahini: For the earthy, nutty flavor of the sesame seeds and the health benefits.
Pinch of ground cinnamon (optional): Use as much or as little as you’d like!
Honey or maple syrup: For sweetness.
Toppings: Make your oatmeal taste amazing! Popular toppings include fresh and dried fruits, spices, nuts, seeds, and nut butters.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Honey- Tahini Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) quick oats (instant oats)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 1 teaspoon or more honey or maple
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3-1/2 cup 80-10 ml milk of your choice
- for toppings- chopped nuts, fresh or dried fruits, coconut flakes optional
- Place oats in a serving bowl.
- Add boiling water (carefully), tahini, honey, cinnamon, and stir.
- Slowly add milk until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Enjoy warm. *Optional* add more honey if needed and your favorite toppings.