An easy recipe for very flavorful sweet potato latkes made with just a few ingredients. They are irresistible served hot with a big dollop of sour cream and some apple sauce. This baked version is much healthier than traditional deep-fried latkes, yet it’s every bit as delicious. This recipe is great for any time of year and not just for Hanukkah.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Baked Sweet Potatoes LatkesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 medium-size 0.8-1lb (400-500 grams) sweet potatoes (for a total of 3 cups of shredded sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons (30 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- canola oil (spray preffered)
*Optional* for serving
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream or apple sauce (or both).
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spay/drizzle each baking sheet with a good amount of oil.
- Peel and grate the sweet potatoes using the large holes on the grater.
- Place the grated sweet potatoes into a large bowl. Add flour, eggs, paprika, curry, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Now it's time to get your hand dirty…scoop a small amount of mixture, press, and shape it into a patty.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle or spray oil over the tops of the latkes; it helps to make the edges crispy.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the latkes over and continue baking for ten minutes more or until the tops are brown and crisp.
- Serve the latkes hot out of the oven with sour cream and apple sauce.