I really think that a bowl of egg salad makes the perfect brunch, but it is also a nice upgrade to any sandwich. Everyone has a favorite salad, and this is mine. I know I did not invent the egg salad idea. BUT! Eggs with cream cheese?! You must try!
How To Make Egg Salad?
Step 1: Cook the eggs. Put eggs in a pan and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil, put a lid on the pan and turn off the heat. Let eggs stand for 13 minutes. Place them in a bowl of ice water until they are cool. Crack all over and peel the eggs in the ice water.
Step 2: Chop the eggs. There are many ways to chop eggs when you’re making egg salad. You can use a knife, a grater, or dedicated gadgets.
Step 3: Mix Ingredients. Gently mix all ingredients together, and season with pepper to taste.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last?
Egg salad will last 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Egg salad should not be left out at room temperature for more than 1-2 hours.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
My Egg Salad
- Chef knife or a grater
- Hard boiled egg cooker optional
- 4 large eggs
- 3 very generous tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality mustard
- 1 pickle finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put eggs in a pan and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil, put a lid on the pan and turn off the heat. Let eggs stand for 13 minutes. Place them in a bowl of ice water until they are cool. Crack all over and peel the eggs in the ice water.
- Chop the eggs and place them in a medium-size bowl.
- Add cream cheese, mustard, pickle, and mix well while mashing the eggs. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread on your favorite bread and enjoy!