Don’t tell anyone, but I think I like this better than the real thing. This vegetarian chopped liver tastes fantastic. You won’t miss the meat. I make it all the time – not just for special occasions. Great with Challah bread, crackers, matzah, or even as a dip.
What Am I, Chopped Liver?
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Vegetarian Chopped LiverPrint Pin Rate
- 3 tablespoons 45 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2 cups cooked green lentils (the lentils should be cooked until *very very* soft and mushy)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A dash of pepper
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown and caramelized. Let cool.
- Put the onion, egg, green lentils, garlic, walnuts, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until ingredients are combined and uniform and it looks like chopped liver (add a little olive oil if it's not coming together).
- Taste and correct flavors.
- Enjoy with crackers, cut veggies or bread.