I have been thinking of making vegan cheesecake for quite some time. I don’t know why I was intimidated, maybe because it requires ingredients that I am generally not using. After rummaging through Pinterest and a bunch of trails and errors…I found the winning combination. This “cheesecake” is so creamy that you won’t believe it is dairy-free. Very easy to make, just to throw everything together. The cake requires a few wait times, but I promise it is worth it.
Cashews: Cashews give this filling its signature creaminess. Before you do anything else, you will need to soak some raw cashews for at least 12 hours and then drain.
Maple syrup: Real maple syrup — not just maple-flavored syrup, which can be loaded with refined sugar or high-fructose corn syrup.
Coconut cream: Coconut cream is a thick cream made from coconut milk. Coconut cream is usually canned and located on the aisle where global foods are kept. It may be with Asian or Mexican products.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Vegan “Cheesecake” Cups
For the cake:
For the topping:
- 1/4 -1/2 cup of your favorite jam
- fresh fruits like strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate…
- Drain the cashews.
- Blend together all of the cake ingredients in a food processor until they are combined and stick together. Be patient, it takes a few minutes. Pause blending periodically to spatula the ingredients off the sides of the blender towards the middle.
- Transfer into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator to set for a few hours.
- When ready to enjoy, divide the “cake” into individual serving dishes or cups.
- Top with jelly and fresh fruits, and enjoy!