This recipe was created in an attempt to make healthier spreads for my kids’ sandwiches. A sweet, dense tahini-based spread, you will not believe how easy, fast, and delicious it is! The spread can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two months, but it may harden. To make it spreadable again, take it out ahead of time and place it on the counter until it reaches room temperature. The recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Two Ingredients Halvah SpreadPrint Pin Rate
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey/Silan (date honey)
- *Optional* a pinch of salt
- Mix the tahini and honey well. If your spread is too thick and pasty, add a little bit of water until creamy.
- Add salt *optional*
- Transfer to clean jar and close lid tightly. Store in refrigerator.
Tips and Tricks:
- Additional flavorings can be cinnamon, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, and roasted crushed nuts.