Delicious salad-spread originally from Tunisia and Morocco. Great as an appetizer or as a side dish. I love to serve it on Friday’s dinner together with a nice spread of salads and fresh Challah bread. It tastes better the next day, so plan on making it ahead of time. I highly recommend adjusting the flavors to your taste.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Tirshi (Pumpkin Salad-Spread)Print Pin Rate
- 12 oz (350 grams) pumpkin cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 large zucchini cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- *Optional* for spiciness 1 chopped chili pepper or ground cayenne pepper
- Cover the pumpkin and zucchini with water and cook for about 30 minutes until very tender.
- Drain well from all the liquids. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the veggies with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust flavors if needed.
- Keep refrigerated. Serve cold or at room temperature with bread, pita, or couscous.