Believe it or not, making crackers is very simple. Of course, you could just buy a package of crackers from the store, but once you make them yourself, you’ll never want to buy them again.
The dough doesn’t take long to make, and it’s kind of fun to cut out your own crackers! These crackers come out thin, crisp, and delicate – a great addition to any party. Serve them with your favorite cheese or dip, or just enjoy them on their own.
*Original recipe from The Food Network magazine, with my changes.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Tahini- Curry CrackersPrint Pin Rate
- 2/3 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 45 ml tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water + a little more if needed
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds mix with ½ teaspoon coarse salt OR one tablespoon of everything but the bagel spice
- Mix both flours, garlic powder, curry powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bow.
- Make a well in the center and add the tahini and 1/3 cup of water. Stir with a wooden spoon, then with your hands to form a ball. If the dough is not coming together, add a tiny bit of water. Press into a rectangle, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out the dough into about a 12-by-13-inch (30 x 32 cm) rectangle. The dough should be thin and even.
- Brush dough lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle the topping. Cut dough into desired cracker shapes using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter. Prick the crackers with a fork.
- Transfer the crackers to the prepared sheet pans. Be careful not to crowd the crackers.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. If the crackers along the edges bake faster, transfer them to a cooling rack and allow the remaining crackers to bake.
- Transfer crackers to cooling rack. Crackers will crisp as they cool. Serve crackers immediately or store them in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week.
Tips and Tricks:
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds before baking.