This bread dish is the kind of thing I crave on Saturday mornings. A delicious way to use up leftover Challah or bread. It makes a great brunch dish for the whole family to enjoy.
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you may already have on hand!
Day-old bread: To start this recipe you’ll need some bread. I like to use challah bread when it comes to making this recipe. Some other great options are Baguette or Brioche bread.
Sweet Potatoe Puree: Roast your sweet potato at 400°F/200°F for about 50 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Then peel and puree until smooth.
Heavy cream and milk: I prefer to use a combination of milk and cream because it is what I usually have on hand. Half and half is great too.
Vanilla & spices: These add a little flavor to the bread pudding.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Sweet Potatoes Bread Pudding
- 4 cups day-old Challah/baguette/Brioche cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium size sweet potato fully cooked and mashed
- butter for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven 350°F/180°C. Take your baking dish and grease it with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Add bread to the bowl and mix until bread is completely coated with the liquid.
- Allow bread to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Fold sweet potatoes into bread mixture.
- Pour the bread mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
- Let it cool and serve at room temperature.
- Scoop into individual portions and serve.
Tips and Tricks:
- Add ¼ cup raisins or cranberries together with the sweet potatoes.
- Drop the sweet potatoes and add one cup of chocolate chips to the mixture.