The question of what to do with that leftover Matzot comes up every year. Matzo Brei is one of the few dishes from my childhood that I’ll never outgrow. I call these Passover Pancakes. The beauty of it is that it is quick and straightforward. It is basically soaked Matzot and eggs that are scrambled together. Serve them with jam, syrup, or honestly whatever you’d like.
Watch the tutorial here
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Sweet Matzo Brei/ Matza BreiPrint Pin Rate
- Pour water over the matzot, drain immediately. Squeeze out excess water.
- Break the matzot into smallish bite-size pieces and set it aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the wet matzot to the beaten eggs and toss well to combine.
- Over high heat, heat the oil or butter in a large pan. Add the mixture and fry until crisp. Flip over to fry the other side, breaking into pieces as it cooks. Serve with your favorite condiments and enjoy warm.