The recipe for these rich, buttery cookies originally called for strawberry jelly. However, Dulce de leche has long been my favorite sweet spread, so for me using it as a substitute is a match made in heaven. I made these for a potluck party and not a crumb was left on the platter.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
- 2 sticks (220 grams) butter softened to room tempature
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) powderd sugar+ extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons (300 grams) all- purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 cup Dulce de leche, or jelly, or chocolate spread
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and powdered sugar at a low speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix just until combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour and salt.
- With the motor running, add milk to the whipped butter and about half of the flour. Beat until fully incorporated. Add the rest of the flour and mix just until a dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add a spoon of flour. If it is too dry, add a spoon of water.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a disk, wrap it with plastic food wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll to about a ½-inch/1-cm thickness (relatively thick so that they do not break).
- Cut cookies into the desired shape and place spaced out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, until golden at the bottom. Let cookies cool completely, preferably on a cooling rack.
- Using a teaspoon or a piping bag, spread the filling on the bottom of half of the cookies and then cover it with the remaining cookies.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and enjoy!