It’s pumpkin season, and that makes me extremely happy. I love everything pumpkin! These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy with loads of chocolate chips…which is how I like my cookies to be. The pumpkin flavor shines through beautifully in the cookies, and they are not overly sweet. The original recipe is from the “Pioneer Woman,” with minor changes of mine.
All-purpose flour: Provides the structure needed in these cookies. I like to use unbleached all-purpose flour.
Pumpkin pie spice: Homemade or store-bought.
Butter: Unsalted butter.
Canned pumpkin puree: Use canned pumpkin, not fresh, for the best consistency. Don’t use canned “pumpkin pie filling”; it has added sweeteners and spices.
Chocolate chips: You can also use milk chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice?
It truly couldn’t be simpler to make pumpkin spice at home! Use this pumpkin pie spice to flavor your favorite fall pies, muffins, cakes, cookies, and bread.
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
Mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
Can Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Be Frozen?
Yes, these cookies freeze well for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
Looking for More Fall Recipes?
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks (220 grams/1 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup (200 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) canned pumpkin purée
- 3 cups (420 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (300 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
The wet mixture:
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin in a medium bowl until combined.
The dry mixture:
- Whisk together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Scoop the dough into about 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized portions, and place on the prepared pan.
- Using the palm of your hand, slightly flatten the tops of the dough balls.
- Bake the cookies for 11 to 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set and dry. The center of the cookies will still be soft. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.