Once upon a time, I used to hate beets. Maybe it was because my grandma used to say the stains ruined her nice tablecloth. BUT I do like this fantastic tahini dip. It’s creamy, savory, and, best of all, straightforward to make. Plus, the color is so beautiful. Serve it with fresh vegetables or use it as a spread on your sandwich. It’s going to be a hit!
If you like tahini…you might like:
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
- 1 cup beet cubes, cooked until tender
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cup cold water, or more if needed
- 2-3 ice cubes
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Add extra water, if needed, to thin the dip out to your desired consistency.
- Taste and season with more salt as needed.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dippers or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 6 days.