A healthy, homemade recipe with the delicious flavor and color of beets. *Warning* This dish will steal the spotlight at your next gathering!
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
- 2 small beets or 1 medium
- 2 cups cooked (or from a can) chickpeas+ a little more for garnish
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 1/2-1 cup (120-240 ml) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- lemon zest from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
*Optional* for garnish
- a handful of chickpeas (reserved from the hummus ingredients)
- a handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Wrap beets in foil and bake for 60-70 minutes or until tender.Set aside to cool. Peel. Another option is to cook peeled beets in a pot of water until completely soft.
- Add cooked beets and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. If the consistency is too thick, run the processor and slowly add more warm water. Blend until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer hummus into a bowl, then sprinkle with fresh parsley, chickpeas, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.