When I was a teen, I used to hang out in downtown Jerusalem, and my favorite place was Aroma Coffee Bar. Back then, there was only one location, and it was open 24/7 (very uncommon in Jerusalem). Even though I didn’t drink coffee, I loved the fast service, reasonable prices, and food. Fast forward to 2022, Aroma is now one of Israel’s biggest coffee chains, with more than 100 locations throughout Israel. You can find it in almost every city and shopping center, which is great because I love their salads. Especially the “Jerusalem Salad,” and here is how to make it:
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
For the salad:
- 4 Roma tomatoes or a box of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Persian cucumbers or ¾ of an English cucumber, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup cooked (or from a can) garbanzo beans
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) Feta cheese
- Optional a handful of bread croutons
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini paste (raw tahini)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- About 1/2 cup (120 ml) cold water
- Combine all veggies in a serving bowl.
- Coarsely grate eggs and cheese, and add to the bowl.
- Mix tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt using a whisk or a fork. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Slowly add the cold water and whisk again. The dressing should become very runny. Taste and add more salt and garlic if needed.
- Pour over the salad and serve immediately.