A quick and easy recipe your kids (and you) will love. Tender and juicy and super easy to make. Serve it with rice or potatoes on the side, and it’s so much better than getting takeout. These Honey-Soy Chicken Drumsticks are seasoned with a simple honey soy marinade made with pantry staples, then baked until golden perfection.
Can This Chicken Drumstick Recipe Be Made Ahead?
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Prepare the marinade up to 3 days ahead! Keep it stored in a jar or in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can marinate the chicken and place it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
What Is The Safe Temperature For Cooked Chicken?
For safety, always cook chicken until the juices run clear and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tips For Making Honey-Soy Chicken Drumsticks:
Ginger: If you don’t have fresh ginger, use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
Baking: Periodically, check on the chicken as it cooks. To keep the chicken extra moist, brush it during cooking using the juices at the bottom of the pan.
If the chicken is getting overly dark, you can lower the oven temperature by 25 degrees (to 375°F/190°C).
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Honey – Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 drumsticks
- 4-5 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together.
- In a large bowl place drumsticks and toss in the sauce making sure each piece is coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let the chicken absorbs the flavors in the refrigerator for 30 minutes up to 24 hours. The longer you marinate the chicken, the tastier it will get.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a large casserole dish spread the chopped carrots.
- Place the drumsticks over, pour the sauce, cover in foil, and bake for 45 minutes. To keep the chicken extra moist, brush it during cooking using the juices at the bottom of the pan (1-2 times is enough).
- Remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes until the drumsticks are golden brown. Make sure to turn them over halfway through. This way they will get good color all around.
- Plate the chicken and spoon a generous amount of carrots and sauce on top.