Everyone loves pizza, it’s the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Skip the delivery order and take pizza night to the next level with a homemade pizza. Get creative with the toppings and let the kids get involved to make their own pies.
The recipe makes 2 large pizzas (sheet pan size) or 6-8 small individual pies.
Why should you make pizza at home?
- Nothing beats the flavor of freshly baked pizza straight out of your oven.
- Homemade pizzas are definitely more nutritious compared to the majority of frozen pizzas.
- Big money saver.
- Making your very pizza will impress your friends and family.
- A great and fun way to spend time with your family, especially with kids. In my family, pizza nights are the best nights.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
- 3 1/2 cups (500 grams) all-purpose flour+a little more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon (10 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (10 grams) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil+ a little more for greasing
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups (300-350ml) lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese or vegan cheese shredded
- In a mixer, combine flour, sugar, and yeast. With the mixer running on low speed, drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour.
- Pour in gradually water and mix just until a dough is formed (about 2 minutes). Then add salt. If the dough is dry add a tiny bit of water until it comes together.
- Let the mixer knead for 5-6 minutes, the dough should be smooth and a little sticky.
- Form the dough into a ball. Place in a bowl than grease it with a little olive oil.
- Cover the bowl and set it aside in a warm area until the dough doubles in size (approximately 1 to 2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 45O°F/230°C.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide it into 2 equal balls (or smaller ones if making personal pizzas). Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Use your fingers to stretch it, then your hands or a rolling pin to shape it into rounds or squares.
- Top with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite veggies.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes until golden.
- Enjoy warm!