A crunchy and delicious recipe for Homemade Pita Chips! The perfect solution for a day-old pita, easy to make and completely customizable. Pita Chips are so easy to make, you’ll never go back to store bought once you’ve made your own.
How to Store Homemade Pita Chips?
Once Pita Chips have cooled, store in an air tight container at room temperature up to 3-4 days.
What to serve with Homemade Pita Chips?
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Homemade Pita Chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split pita into two single rounds.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, za'atar, and salt.
- Brush the entire top of each round with a generous amount of the spiced oil.
- Cut them up into triangles.
- Spread on a baking sheet in one layer, and bake for 6-10 minutes. The pitas should be crisp up and golden. Make sure to check them often as they can go from light gold to burnt quickly.
- Serve at room temperature with your favorite dip.
Tip and Tricks:
- You can season your pita chips however you want!
- Make a sweet version of pita chips with: 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil2 tablespoons (20 grams) sugar 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon