I love homemade jams, especially when it is so easy to make, like in this recipe. Unlike traditional canned jam, this recipe comes together in minutes.
How to Serve Chia Jam?
This Chia jam is excellent on toast with or without butter. It’s also fantastic on yogurt, pancakes, and waffles.
This recipe works with nearly any juicy fruit: Cherries, peaches, apricots, kiwi, pineapple…you name it! Feel free to customize yours with any other seasonings as well!
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Homemade Berries- Chia Jam
- 2 cups (about 250 grams) frozen mixed berries or frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons (30 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons black Chia seeds
- Place a small saucepan over low-medium heat and add the berries.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until it begins to break down and form a thick syrup (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and mash the fruits with a fork to desired consistency.
- Add lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir in Chia seeds and let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Transfer to a small jar and allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.