If you have been following me for a while, you probably know how much I LOVE dates. So I am always looking for fun and delicious ways to use them. This is the perfect healthy alternative to the store-bought caramel dip. I promise it tastes like caramel but with less sugar and wholesome ingredients. If you have kids or love snacking, you need this dip in your fridge at all times. What is great about this recipe is how effortless it is to make this. Great for dipping apples or topping vanilla ice cream.
Medjool dates: Your dates should be soft, not hard. If they are dry or hard, you can soak them in water for about 30 minutes, drain and then use them in the recipe.
Milk of your choice: Soy, oats, or almond milk, ideally unsweetened.
Vanilla extract: A flavor enhancer.
Salt: Just a touch to bring the flavors together.
Let’s have a date:
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Healthy Caramel Dip
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk of your choice+ a little more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Start by soaking the dates in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and then use them in the recipe.
- Place dates in a food processor with ¼ cup milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pulse until smooth. Add more milk if needed, one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Place in a lidded container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Serve as a dip, over ice cream, oatmeal; you name it!