I am always happy to eat green beans. This recipe is a simple yet satisfying way to get your veggies in with minimal effort! Try this simple, classic green bean dish for a flavorful vegetable on the dinner table in no time at all.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Green Beans with Breadcrumbs
- Chef knife *optional*
- About 10.5 oz (300 grams) frozen green beans (1 small bag)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine green beans and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Cover, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and let beans cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat. Once the oil is heated, stir in the garlic and sauté for about 20 to 30 seconds. As the garlic cooks, keep stirring it to prevent it from burning.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, turn on the heat to high and cook, stirring, until crispy for 2 – 4 minutes. Toss the breadcrumbs with the green beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and drizzle lemon juice. Enjoy warm.
Tips and Tricks:
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.