What kid doesn’t love chocolate stuffed mini rolls? What grownup doesn’t love chocolate stuffed mini rolls? Because really, who doesn’t love something with a chocolaty center? These mini rolls are perfect for weekend mornings, as a dessert or snack.
All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support!
Chocolate Stuffed Mini RollsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 cups (350 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (12 grams) baking powder
- 7 oz (200 grams) cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sour cream
- about 50 milk or dark chocolate squares
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons (30 grams) coarse or granulate sugar
- Put flour, baking powder, and butter cubes in a food processor. Process until a crumbly mixture is obtained.
- Add sour cream and process until a uniform dough is obtained (the dough is will be very soft and sticky).
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 12.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Squeeze off a small piece of dough. Put a chocolate cube inside, fold it over and over to make a ball about the size of a ping pong. Then pinch the dough around to seal it completely (make sure you patch up any holes).
- Place the balls on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Mix the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the balls.
- Sprinkle some sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and get ready to impress your guests.
Tips and Tricks:
- Replace the chocolate with small pieces of a candy bar.
- Instead of sugar, sprinkle on top sliced almonds or chocolate sprinkles.